~Sharon ~ Desirae ~ Jonny~

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Greetings from Keene


This is my first blog. I am not sure what to write... but I want to express my gratitude to my Heavenly Father for the family that I have been blessed with. I have 2 beautiful children that I adore and love more than I ever could have imagined loving another. I have supportive parents (4 of them!) and a great extended family. I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters who are a huge blessing in my life.

I am wondering how we are already coming up on Desirae's 12th birthday!!!! It seems not long ago she was running around singing Annie songs and playing with her Barbies. Not long ago that she needed me to help her open jars and reach for things... no longer! Now I need her help doing these things. I feel as though this summer is the last summer before her new chapter begins. She will go into the 6th grade which is going to prepare her for Junior High School. She will graduate from Primary and go into the Young Women's program in September. She is almost as tall as me (which is not a difficult height to reach). Every day I see her I realize what a gorgeous young lady she is becoming. I am proud of her and love her more than I could ever justly express with words. She is no longer a little girl. She is a young lady. She is a wonderful big sister and a kind friend. She is Deisrae... and as one of her favorite quotes says "Well behaved women rarely make history". The world will never be the same thanks to this girl... my girl... my little girl.... my young lady... I love you.

Have you ever heard the phrase "The mom of a son is up from SON up to SON down"? WOW! My boy! My loving cuddly boy. I look at him and see the tiny boy with his perfect facial profile. I hear his little voice calling me into today "Mommy I love you". My little man is now 7 1/2 and will be starting the 2nd grade in August! I still remember his first day of kindergarten. I was away with the Army but our wonderful Grandma sent pictures of my handsome boy on my cell phone. I knew at that point my baby was now a little boy. What a great little boy at that! His next birthday he will be baptised. I can't believe that my baby boy now stands so tall. He reads and he writes and is such an intelligent kid. He is loving and kind and is still dependent on his "womens" (me and his Grandma). I love his love. I love his giggle. I love my boy!

No comments: