~Sharon ~ Desirae ~ Jonny~

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Torn, Tattered and Abused




We are a flip-flop family... Jonny is the most flip-flop lovin' kid I have ever met. He wear them in the summer, fall, and winter and spring. He wears them with shorts, jeans and even a Sunday suit. He wears them to school, to the park and to church. Late last spring we bought him the "perfect" flip-flops. They were squishy and comfy. He wore them everywhere and anywhere. They began to tear. I bought new flip-flops. Next thing I know he's back in these. It got to the point that I was hiding them to keep them off his feet. Consistently I would look down and there they were on his feet.

Finally in December I convinced him that new flip-flops were needed as his favorites were truly torn and tattered from the abuse of a 9 year old boy. I took the torn up shoes and asked the sales clerk to toss them. We left Famous Footwear with the new "all in one piece" flip-flops on his feet. He was quite upset that I had thrown away his shoes.

I went into Michaels and the kids headed toward Tilleys. When we met in the car Jonny had a smile from ear to ear. I looked at his feet and there they were... his old tattered flip flops.





Finally he is wearing his new shoes. But at times I look down to see his old shoes on his feet.





No comments: