~Sharon ~ Desirae ~ Jonny~

Monday, June 9, 2008

I will never look at a can of beans the same!

Shortly after we got home from church yesterday we heard Jonny crying and screaming. My first thought was "Which girl is messing with him?" But both girls were sitting in the same room as mom and I. He came hopping and crying so hard he couldn't explain what happened. I looked down and saw blood all over his little toes. I picked him up and took him to the bathroom sink but he wouldn't let me clean it up enough to see what was going on. He finally told us how that can of beans fell off the shelf and attacked his little toe. He said it stung and hurt really bad.

Desi was such a good big sister. She loved him and encouraged him to be a big brave boy. He hugged her and held on to her for dear life. Poor thing was in such a great amount of pain. He wouldn't let me leave his side. I told him I was going to have to run to Wal-greens and get him some bandaids and neosporin and motrin. He held on to me and wouldn't let me go.

He called his Papa Cesar and cried to him about how bad his toe felt. His Papa said a little prayer over the phone for Jonny to be comforted and healed. Jonny stopped crying.

Jonny told me that he would be ok. He also said "Mom, no stores on Sunday."

About an hour or so later he was ready to get his foot cleaned up. He sat on the edge of the tub and soaked his foot in warm water.





Me: "Oh baby, you should've probably had stitches but it is too late now. I am so sorry I should have taken you to the emergency room, it may even be broken."



Jonny: "Mom, Papa said a prayer and he said I would be healed and that my foot would be normal if I have faith. Mom, my toe is going to be ok!"



I am so proud of his faithfullness and his courage!

No comments: