(I wish I had a picture. I will have to go take one)
Tuesday night we as a family went to the Gateway mall here in Salt Lake City. Desirae got some gift certificates for Christmas and there were Redline sales at Hollister and Abercrombie. Now anyone with a teenage daughter knows the importance of a redline sale alone then you add the names of Hollister and Abercrombie and the stakes are raised significantly! Jonny also needed new shoes for the sake of my nose. Anyone with a young boy can appreciate this.
As a working mom I didn't get home till after 6 which put us at the mall close to 7:15 or so. First stop was for mom! Trade Secret for a new big round brush and BioSilk! Of course the extras were added on, a new light pink nail polish and travel sized shampoo and conditioner!
Next stop for mom's nose... errr I mean for Jon... Foot Locker! New Pumas and socks for Jonny! YAY! and pay no attention to the new white Nike shocks in mom's size! Pay no attention! :)
Next stop Hollister! (ok, am I getting old?? This store's lighting is really dim and it's smell of bad men's cologne is overwhelming and the music is loud and all the workers look like they just walked off the beach and... the clothes look sloppy...) Desi picked out her clothes and and got some really great deals! Good ole red line sales!!
Next stop was divided! We had limited time, and mom was running low on energy and patience so Des headed toward Abercrombie and Jonny and I headed toward Ben's cookies. (now Kodiak Cakes and Cookies but I refuse to change with the change) We picked out our bakers 1/2 dozen and grabbed 3 hot chocolates to sip on while we walked in the crisp cold night through the out door mall.
I basque in the presncce of my son and his brain, especially at a time in my life when I feel like my brain is not working properly (thanks seizure and vertigo disorders I hate you!) He comes up with the most unique and profound topics of discussion that just blow me away. So this few minutes I got to steal away alone with my boy were precious to me. As we were walking toward Abercrombie to meet up with Desirae the shopping goddess we walked passed the store Express and we took note of the manikins in the store that only had 1/2 their heads. Our conversation from there lifted my spirits and reminded me of the simple joy of being Jonny's mom. It went something like this:
Jonny: MOM! They cut their brains out!!!
Mom: Where??
Jonny: There look in that store! We need to stay away from that store forever! I don't want my brains cut out!
Mom: Oh that is a good idea son! We like having our brains in our heads huh?
Jonny: Shyeah! That's why I have all this hair, to protect my brain!
Mom: Aaahhh So you have a plan huh?
Jonny: Exactly! I don't want to look like that mom! That's scary!
Mom: I love you Jon!
Jonny: I love you more!
Maybe you had to be there. Maybe you had to see the manikins! Maybe you have to understand the silly conversations Jonny and I have regardless, it was a blessing to me!
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(26)
-
▼
January
(14)
- Jonny and His Brain
- I slept for like 5 days!!!
- Can You Pencil Me In??
- Men Are From Mars and Women Are ... better!!!
- As My World Turns
- I was adopted
- Hope in a Compartment
- Violation
- right in my face... well really behind my back
- Worlds Colliding!
- Brain Waves
- Gratitudes...
- A houses we will hunt...
- Red Hawt VIP and all that Jazz
-
▼
January
(14)
No comments:
Post a Comment